What is Grammarly and is Grammarly worth the cost? Well today, I’m going to give you my 100% honest Grammarly review, so stick around:
Ok, so you’ve probably heard of Grammarly and may have even seen some of the Grammarly commercials on tv or on the old interwebs, but what is Grammarly and is it really worth all the hype?
Well, in their own words: From grammar and spelling to style and tone, Grammarly helps you eliminate errors and find the perfect words to express yourself.
Basically, it’s an extensive grammar and spell checker that you can use both online and offline. So, is it the same thing as the built in spell checker in my email and document creation softwares? Not even close!
Grammarly offers a ton more options as well as a more indepth grammar and spell checker. Basically, it’s your normal grammar and spell checker, on steroids.
Best of all, Grammarly offers both a FREE and Premium access model.
Don’t let the word FREE fool you. There is nothing cheap about the features grammarly gives you on their Free membership model.
There are 5 ways to access Grammarly:
1. Grammarly Website (upload and download files so you can write from anywhere)
2. Grammarly Desktop app (basically a shortcut to the Website)
3. Grammarly Browser extensions(for both Chrome and Firefox) use this to Get corrections from Grammarly while you write on Gmail, Twitter, LinkedIn, and all your other favorite sites.
4. Grammarly for MS Word and MS Outlook plugin(write with NO distractions from the internet)
5. Grammarly mobile app for both iOS and Android (write on the go)
So what do you get with the Free membership?
– 150 Critical grammar and spelling checks
– Weekly report card on how your writing compares to others (including writing streaks, productivity and vocabulary)
In premium you get everything that’s in the free option plus:
– Over 100 additional advanced checks for punctuation, grammar, context, and sentence structure
– Vocabulary enhancement suggestions
– Genre-specific writing style checks
– Plagiarism detector that checks more than 16 billion web pages
So, here are my honest views on the pros and cons to Grammarly:
The Pros of Grammarly:
1. Exorbenant number of overall features
2. Versatility in usage options
3. Weekly report card
4. The additional advantage of using it as a cloud drive
5. Time and money saved
The Cons of Grammarly:
1. When using Website or Desktop app – grammarly does not store formatting.
2. In Grammarly for MicroSoft Word, Ctrl+Z (undo option) is not available with Grammarly turned on
3. Sporadic issues interacting with other extensions (quick fix is just to shut off grammarly extension
Overall, I find the grammar checker, Grammarly to be the best free online grammar checker available today. Whether you decide to get the free or premium grammarly access model, I’m confident you will find Grammarly will quickly become one of your most frequently used tools in your writing arsenal.
If you’re still undecided, I suggest simply signing up for the free access account and see how much grammarly can help you and your writing. Then, as your needs increase, you can reward yourself with the premium access model.
Just head on over to our affiliate link at
And once you sign up, let me know below which model you went with, Free or Premium.
And remember to write right!
Let me know what you thought of the video in the comments below.
? Subscribe for more free YouTube tips:
? If you enjoyed this video then check this out:
✅ Tools and services I recommend:
My book on how to get book honest book reviews without begging:
The tool I use to find efficiently find profitable keywords, categories and niches:
The self-publishing course that more than tripled my business revenue:
The Amazon Ad(formerly AMS Ads) Course that taught me how to optimize my ads, as well as introduced me to AMS UK:
Amazing FREE and Premium Grammar and Spellchecker:
✅ Recommended playlists:
How to Make a Children’s Picture Book in PowerPoint:
No Content and Low Content Book Interiors:
Tips for Authors:
Disclaimer: Some of these links go to one of my websites and some are affiliate links where I’ll earn a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
✅ For business inquiries contact me at [email protected]
✅ Let’s connect:
Twitter – @kwheelerbooks
Instagram – /kwheelerbooks