Ketogenic diets and the $33-billion diet gimmick
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at
This is the 3rd installment of my keto series. In case you missed the first two, see Is Keto an Effective Cancer-Fighting Diet? ( and Keto Diet Theory Put to the Test (
Coming up are:
• Is Weight Loss on Ketosis Sustainable? (
• Are Keto Diets Safe? (
• Keto Diets: Muscle Growth and Bone Density (
• Does a Ketogenic Diet Help Diabetes or Make It Worse? (
This keto research arose out of my research for my upcoming new book How Not to Diet. (All proceeds I receive from my books is donated to charity.) You can preorder How Not to Diet here ( but in the meantime please feel free to check out some of my popular weight loss videos:
• Eating More to Weigh Less (
• How to Prevent Prediabetes in Children (
• Nutrient Dense Approach to Weight Management (
• How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss (
• Keep Your Waist Circumference to Less than Half Your Height (
• Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Weight Loss? (
• Can Morbid Obesity Be Reversed through Diet? (
• The Weight Loss Program that Got Better with Time (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: karandaev / adobe stock images
#ketodiet #keto #drgreger
• HOW NOT TO DIE:
• Podcast : /