Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
The health benefits of both lemon and apple cider vinegar have been well known for many years. On their own, they both offer incredible health benefits which help to detoxify our body and provide vital nutrients. When mixed together, this easy to make drink can help to promote our overall health while boosting immunity and energy. Lets discuss some of the great health benefits of consuming lemon mixed with apple cider vinegar consistently.
1. First, drinking lemon and apple cider vinegar can help with overall digestion. Lemon juice can help to treat digestive related ailments such as constipation and indigestion. It also helps to promote the production of bile by the liver, which works to keep the food we eat moving through the gastrointestinal tract efficiently. As well, it can help us to better absorb nutrients from the foods we eat and increase nutrient uptake. Apple cider vinegar is also great for digestion. Regular consumption can help to boost gut health and promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut. This can enhance the overall health of the digestive system while also increasing nutrient absorption.
2. Lemon and apple cider vinegar can also help to detoxify our entire bodies. Consuming lemon water can help to increase enzyme function in the body, stimulating the liver to remove and flush out unwanted toxins. Due to its mild diuretic effect, this helps with the proper removal of these toxins as well as other bacteria and unwanted elements. Lemons are also great sources of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which help get rid of damaging free radicals and inflammation. Apple cider vinegar can also help with detoxification. Not only will it help to balance pH levels, but it can also increase circulation in the body and promote lymphatic health. It is also packed with antioxidant compounds that can help to reduce inflammation.
3. This mixture can also work to promote the health of our heart many different ways. Lemons and lemon water are incredibly heart healthy. Lemons are a great source of heart healthy potassium and fibre. This allows it to help reduce and control blood pressure levels as well as reduce the risk of heart disease. Its detoxification and antioxidant benefits also help to promote cardiovascular health. Apple cider vinegar can also help to reduce the risk of heart disease. It can help to lower cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations in the body, as well as reduce blood pressure. As well, it contains a unique antioxidant known as chlorogenic acid, which helps to protect agains LDL cholesterol oxidation.
4. A mixture of lemon and apple cider vinegar can also help to promote weight loss and proper weight management. Lemons contain a type of fibre known as pectin, which can help you to feel full longer and promote satiety. As well, lemon juice helps to reduce feelings of fatigue and boost energy, which is especially important for those individuals following a workout routine. Apple cider vinegar is also beneficial in this regard due to its ability to help lower blood sugar and insulin levels. This promotes feelings of fullness and increased satiety, which can help individuals to eat fewer calories through out the day. It can also help reduce stomach fat and lower glucose levels.
5. Lastly, consuming a mixture of lemon and apple cider vinegar can help to improve the overall health of our skin. Lemons can specifically help to rejuvenate and heal the skin. This is due to its high antioxidant and vitamin C content. They both help to reduce and fight damage caused by free radicals. The vitamin C also helps our body to produce collagen, which is essential for healthy skin and can help reduce lines and wrinkles found of the face, leading to younger looking skin. Apple cider vinegar can also benefit the skin a number of ways due to its antibacterial and healing properties. It can help to reduce and treat acne as well as work as a natural skin toner, enhancing the skin’s overall appearance.
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.