3 Drinks for Fat Loss & Digestion: Apple Cider Vinegar- Thomas DeLauer… for all your business, health, and fitness answers.
Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar: The benefits of apple cider vinegar come from its powerful healing compounds, which include acetic acid, magnesium, probiotics, and polyphenols.
Acetic Acid- Apple Cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which is a synthetic carboxylic acid with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Weight loss/Metabolism- A study published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, mice fed a high-fat diet along with acetic acid — vinegar’s key component — developed up to 10% less body fat than control rodents.
Zevia: Zevia is an all-natural zero calorie soda made without artificial sweeteners, is non-GMO, kosher, gluten-free, vegan and contains no colors, dyes or phosphoric acid. Considered all-natural, Zevia uses Stevia as a sweetener.
Regulate Blood Sugar/Glucose- An article published in Journal of Dietary Supplements evaluated how stevia affects diabetic rats. It was discovered that rats treated with 250 and 500 milligrams every day “significantly” reduced fasting blood sugar levels and balanced insulin resistance, and triglycerides.
Matcha Green Tea: Matcha Green Tea is the highest quality powdered green tea available. Made from the nutrient-rich young leaves picked from the tips of shade-grown Camellia sinensis plants, Matcha Green Tea is steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being stone-ground into very fine powder.
EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate)
Green tea contains a specific set of antioxidant known as catechins. Among antioxidants, catechins are the most potent and beneficial. One specific catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) makes up 60% of the catechins in Matcha Green Tea. Out of all the antioxidants, EGCg is the most widely recognized for its cancer fighting properties.
Reduces Inflammation- Egcg appears to effectively inhibit TAK1 by blocking its phosphorylation. TAK1 is a mediator of inflammation, and is integral to the activation of downstream mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) in response to receptor stimulation by the inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)-1β and tumor necrosis factor (TNF).
The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences conducted a study and found that matcha green tea may reduce the severity of rheumatoid arthritis. During the study, mice were injected with collagen to induce a condition similar to rheumatoid arthritis in humans. Of those who drank tea, 44% became arthritic. Of those who didn’t drink tea, 94% became arthritic. (12)
1) Acetic Acid Upregulates the Expression of Genes for Fatty Acid Oxidation Enzymes in Liver To Suppress Body Fat Accumulation – Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications). (n.d.). Retrieved from
2) Polyphenols Can Aid Gut Health, Boost Longevity. (n.d.). Retrieved from
3) Do Polyphenols Improve Your Gut Bacteria? (n.d.). Retrieved from
4) Effects of apple cider vinegars produced with different techniques on blood lipids in high-cholesterol-fed rats. – PubMed – NCBI. (n.d.). Retrieved from
5) Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): Is it Really a Powerful Healing Tonic? – Underground Health. (n.d.). Retrieved from
6) The Effect of Stevia Rebaudiana on Serum Omentin and Visfatin Level in STZ-Induced Diabetic Rats (PDF Download Available). (n.d.). Retrieved from
7) Stevioside inhibits atherosclerosis by improving insulin signaling and antioxidant defense in obese insulin-resistant mice. – PubMed – NCBI. (n.d.). Retrieved from
8) Sharma, N., Mogra, R., & Upadhyay, B. (2009). Effect of Stevia Extract Intervention on Lipid Profile. Retrieved from
9) United States Patent: 6500471. (n.d.). Retrieved from
10) EGCG extract, health benefit, side effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from l